[opnfv-tech-discuss] Milestone C Project Report for SFC

Brady Allen Johnson brady.allen.johnson at ericsson.com
Fri Sep 25 15:07:16 UTC 2015

Hi Debra,

Below is the Milestone C Project Report for the OPNFV SFC project.

Regards,

Brady

Criteria

Genesis status

1. Project name

SFC

2. Project status indicator for milestone C readiness: Green/Yellow/Red; GREEN = on track; YELLOW = working minor issues to get back on track; RED = offtrack with major issues

GREEN

3.Name of person providing status

Brady Johnson, brady.allen.johnson at ericsson.com<mailto:brady.allen.johnson at ericsson.com>

4.a link to your Jira tasks (filtered on R2)

https://jira.opnfv.org/browse/SFC-5?filter=10639

5.a link to your Jira dashboard

https://jira.opnfv.org/secure/Dashboard.jspa?selectPageId=10612

6.a statement of your progress at linking cross project dependencies in Jira

Done:
We have reported Requirements in Genesis, and have linked Stories with Yardstick.
We are in constant communication with the Yardstick and Functest projects.

7.a statement of your readiness (detailed planning complete & in Jira) for your first sprint or first development cycle (if not agile)

Ready:
Epics have been created for the release, and each Epic has sub-Stories. Stories have been identified for the first sprint and have been assigned and added.

8.a statement of your readiness (high level planning complete & in Jira) for future sprints

Ready:
All Sprints have been defined with durations set on slide 8 here:
https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1GEt8Vi6hQL9kOk-nowxr3o9aE_VYoe5zljz8MyQtdgw/edit#slide=id.gc95187d09_0_1

9.a statement about any issues you have

Nothing more than reported below in 12.

10.how & when you will finish getting your tasks & dependencies into Jira if not complete

Everything has been introduced into JIRA already. In true Agile form, we will add more tasks as we progress in our Use Case Implementation.

11.how and when you will get ready to start development for Brahmaputra if not ready now

n/a

12.a statement summarizing your project risk analysis & planning status

Risk level is medium to low. We have identified the following 2 main risks

·         SFC depends on an OVS NSH patch, which is actively being up-streamed to OVS.
The patch is backed by an IETF spec, and actively supported by Intel, Ericsson, and Cisco.
We’ve been told it can take 3-6 months.

·         SFC requires VXLAN for NSH. We have identified a problem with how OpenStack creates VXLAN networking for newly created VMs. We have identified 2 possible solutions, and are discussing how to proceed
Planning status is “on track”

Please "reply all" to this thread with your project's Milestone C status report before 18:00 Pacific time on Friday.

Please remove all previous mail responses in your reply so as not to create an overwhelming thread of repeated information.

Chris Price with start the thread out with an example report for the DOC project. Please follow his reply with your own.

Remember:

-I am monitoring the discussion in email and irc #opnfv-release during to answer any questions. I will roll this up to a wiki page on Monday

-The TSC will use this information to conduct their vote on whether we pass the milestone or not. TSC will vote on Tuesday Sept 29

  You should  plan to include:
  1.Project name
[...]

Best,
Debra