stepping down as PTL of Dovetail

Georg Kunz <georg.kunz@...>

Dear Dovetailers,

Dear community,

I’d like to announce that I am stepping down as PTL of Dovetail. With the release of OVP 2018.09 two weeks ago at ONS, a second release cycle of Dovetail came to a conclusion and I’d like to give others the opportunity to drive Dovetail through the next cycle. I strongly believe that ensuring diversity in project leadership is important in order to maintain a healthy community and to allow others to drive the project further with fresh ideas.

In general, I’d like to follow the PTL election process outlined in the Yardstick wiki [1]. Specifically, I’d like to open a (self-)nomination period of one week, starting today, which is open for all Dovetail committers [2]. Afterwards, there will be a voting phase of one week.

I will remain on the project as before, just not in the driver’s seat.

[1] https://wiki.opnfv.org/display/yardstick/Yardstick+PTL+Election

[2] https://github.com/opnfv/dovetail/blob/master/INFO.yaml

Best regards

Georg

Tim Irnich

Georg,

thank you very much for your contribution and leadership. OVP wouldn't
be what it is without you, and I'm grateful to hear that you're staying
on the project.

I'd also like to thank and congratulate the Dovetail community on the
second release, big accomplishment!

Regards, Tim

On 10/9/18 8:08 PM, Georg Kunz wrote:
[...]

Dan Xu

Hi,

First, I would like to thank you, Georg for all your amazing work leading Dovetail project and bringing Dovetail to where it is today.

Second, I would like to nominate myself as Dovetail PTL.
I have been involved in Dovetail since its beginning and am one of the most active contributors during both its 2 releases. I contributed to almost all dovetail-related regions such as Dovetail tool, documents, CI jobs, OVP web, upstream testing projects and release stuffs.
Also I collaborated with ONAP VNFSDK team to do some integration.

As PTL I would help Dovetail embracing ONAP verification tests and k8s tests within the LFN. I believe my experience and passion can help Dovetail to get another success.

Regards,
Xudan

[...]

Heather Kirksey

Georg,

I am sad to hear that you're stepping down, and want to thank you for all the good and hard work you've done to progress this project. It's been noted as one of the most strategic initiatives by the Board, and you have definitely made an important impact on the industry.

Thanks,
Heather

--
Heather Kirksey
VP, Ecosystem and Community

Yang (Gabriel) Yu

Hi Georg,

I will certainly miss the time of you being the PTL of Dovetail. Under your leadership, Dovetail has made many accomplishments. You really get all things together and organized.

Fortunately you will still remain on the project which makes me less sad..

Best,

Gabriel

[...]

Trevor Cooper

You did an outstanding job moving Dovetail forward Georg, thank you for all your contributions and leadership.

/Trevor

[...]

Hi Dovetailers,

a little later than originally announced, I'd like to start the voting phase for the new Dovetail PTL.

We received one self-nomination from Xudan [1]. Given that there is only one candidate, I think we can skip a condorcet vote and instead vote directly on a patchset I have created which updates the PTL [2]. So, all Dovetail committers, please review [2] and cast your vote (-1, +1). The voting period ends in one week from now on October 24. The election passes if in one week from now, there is a majority of +1s from Dovetail committers.

[1] https://lists.opnfv.org/g/opnfv-tech-discuss/message/22145

[2] https://gerrit.opnfv.org/gerrit/63677

Best regards

Georg

[...]

Hi all,

I’d like to announce that the Dovetail PTL election has concluded and that Xudan has been elected PTL of Dovetail [1]. Congratulations, Xudan!

I have merged the patch [1] and informed the TSC and the OPNFV helpdesk accordingly.

[1] https://gerrit.opnfv.org/gerrit/#/c/63677/

Best regards

Georg

[...]

Thanks Georg and Trevor.

It’s really a tough job for me and I will do my best.