Date

Cancelled: Weekly Technical Discussion this Thursday October 11th

HU, BIN <bh526r@...>

Hello community,

There is no urgent topic to discuss, thus our Weekly Technical Discussion this week October 11th is cancelled. Let us focus on the last mile of Gambia Release.

Thank you

Bin

[SFC] Changing the OPNFV and ODL SFC meetings.

Brady Johnson <bjohnson@...>

In last week's OPNFV SFC meeting, Manuel Buil suggested that the OPNFV SFC meetings would probably be changed from weekly to bi-weekly meetings. Ive been considering doing the same for the ODL SFC meetings, and Manuel mentioned maybe we could alternate the OPNFV and ODL SFC meetings.

We just discussed it further and both agreed that we'll do this. So, one week we'll have the ODL SFC meeting, the next week we'll have the OPNFV SFC meeting, the next week the ODL SFC meeting, etc, etc.

The meetings will still be on Wednesdays, and will be at the same time as the current OPNFV SFC meetings, at 14:00 UTC [0]. This Wednesday, on October 10th, we'll start with the ODL SFC meeting at 14:00 UTC (16:00 in Madrid, 07:00 in California).

Just because we're supposed to have either en ODL or OPNFV SFC meeting on a particular day, the topics dont necessarily have to be from just ODL or OPNFV. That is, we can mix topics if necessary, effectively combining the 2 meetings in one.

dovetail setup query

Beeresh M <beeresh07@...>

Hi Team,
This query regarding the setup of dovetail in our lab.  we are facing issues while running the test cases, its failing at one of the python scripts saying expecting   router:external =True but in our lab the external network which we are using is having the value for the filed router:external= External .
we are unable to modify the above mentioned field in openstack(OCATA). is there any work around ? as we are not able to execute the test cases.

PFB the link which we referred for the setup:
PFB the section which we have mentioned about  field export EXTERNAL_NETWORK=xxx
6.1.2.4. Setting up Primary Configuration File

please let me know if any more information is required.

Thanks and Regards,
Beerappa

Re: VSPERF Vloop VNF.

MORTON, ALFRED C (AL) <acm@...>

Hi Sridhar,

As we discussed separately, I accidentally ran some THPT tests with

your new Ubuntu-18 vloop VM on Thursday, Oct 4.

First run was with vfio-pci still enabled in 02_vswitch.conf

left-over from the SR-IOV tests I was running. Results attached in

2018-10-04_15-32-41overall_vfio.log

This test had results in the normal range of pvp throughputs I’ve measured recently,

a little on the low side...

I then remembered to change 02_vswitch.conf back to

            # 'modules' : ['uio', 'vfio-pci'],

            'modules' : ['uio', os.path.join(RTE_TARGET, 'kmod/igb_uio.ko')],

and the performance was much lower by about a third (one of three test logs):

2018-10-04_16-02-25overall.log

I’m hoping these results will trigger some additional thought and discussion.

regards,

Al

From: 郭莎莎
Date: 2018-09-19 16:57
Subject: [opnfv-tech-discuss]Rocket discussion

Hi, all. This Rocket project has been approved on  discussion meeting last Tuesday. Therefore I suggest we have our first project call next week to go through the project proposal internally.

I suggest three time slots for you to choose from:

1. UTC 3:00-4:00 slot for Tuesday, Sep.25th

2. UTC 13:00-14:00 slot for Wednesday, Sep.26th

3. UTC 3:00-4:00 slot for Tursday, Sep.27th

Please reply to this mailing to vote your choice before UTC 9:00 this Friday, Sep.21th. If don't response, the default is that anytime is fine.

And in the meantime ,feel free to add your name under the contributor list if you are willing to join this project(https://wiki.opnfv.org/display/PROJ/Rocket).Thank you!

Best Regards!

郭莎莎 / Shasha Guo
网络与IT技术研究所 / Department of Network and IT Technology
中国移动通信研究院 / China Mobile Research Institute
Mobile: +86 15210871367
Email: guoshasha@...

回复: Re: [edge]Cancel this week's edge project call

fuqiao <fuqiao@...>

Yes. Otherwise I will have to change the schedule for both the edge cloud call and the HA project call. I guess that will cause confusion for more people...
Sorry for that.

中国移动研究院
网络与IT技术研究所
付乔 15901025951

From: fuqiao@...
Date: 2018-09-25 20:51
Subject: [edge]Cancel this week's edge project call
Hi all. I suggest to cancel this week's edge project call since some of us are at the ONS summit and can hardly make the call.
We will continue the call same time next week.

中国移动研究院
网络与IT技术研究所
付乔 15901025951

Re: [edge]Cancel this week's edge project call

Mark Beierl <mark.beierl@...>

[...]

2441 - 2460 of 24594