From: Tim Irnich [mailto:tim.irnich@...]
Sent: Wednesday, October 10, 2018 2:50 PM
To: Georg Kunz <georg.kunz@...>; fuqiao@...; xudan (N) <xudan16@...>; trevor.cooper@...; mokats@...; Panagiotis Karalis <pkaralis@...>; lylavoie@...; opnfv-tech-discuss@...
Subject: Re: [opnfv-tech-discuss] stepping down as PTL of Dovetail

Georg,

thank you very much for your contribution and leadership. OVP wouldn't be what it is without you, and I'm grateful to hear that you're staying on the project.

I'd also like to thank and congratulate the Dovetail community on the second release, big accomplishment!

Regards, Tim

On 10/9/18 8:08 PM, Georg Kunz wrote:
Dear Dovetailers,

Dear community,

I'd like to announce that I am stepping down as PTL of Dovetail. With
the release of OVP 2018.09 two weeks ago at ONS, a second release
cycle of Dovetail came to a conclusion and I'd like to give others the
opportunity to drive Dovetail through the next cycle. I strongly
believe that ensuring diversity in project leadership is important in
order to maintain a healthy community and to allow others to drive the
project further with fresh ideas.

In general, I'd like to follow the PTL election process outlined in
the Yardstick wiki [1]. Specifically, I'd like to open a
(self-)nomination period of one week, starting today, which is open
for all Dovetail committers [2]. Afterwards, there will be a voting phase of one week.

I will remain on the project as before, just not in the driver's seat.

[1] https://wiki.opnfv.org/display/yardstick/Yardstick+PTL+Election

[2] https://github.com/opnfv/dovetail/blob/master/INFO.yaml

Best regards

Georg