Re: OPNFV/CNTT FMO Call

Vincent Danno

Hi Scot, all

Is this exercise meant to look at:

a-      What CNTT should be today? (short term focus)

b-      Or what it should be in the target? (long term focus)

In the (a) approach, typically we identify gaps, we try to close them by clarifications, adjustment and improvements by delta compared to the starting situation. This is kind-of bottom-up.

In the (b) approach, typically we identify the ultimate ideal target, and build a path which is not necessarily made of deltas, but allows more radical change. This is kind-of top-down.

I have the feeling we are looking at (a) only. Looking at (a) is very fine. My question is: how are we going to address (b)?

In order to exemplify my question: at the launch of CNTT, it was assumed CNTT would be temporary and that the specification work, e.g. RM/RA would end up in GSMA. This is an example of what could be a non-delta change. However I don’t see this kind of questions is addressed for now.

Kind regards

Vincent