FW: [lfn-TAC] Please Read: Possible Date Change for the June Developer and Testing Forum

Ahmed ElSawaf

BR

Ahmed El Sawaf

From: lfn-tac@... [mailto:lfn-tac@...] On Behalf Of Heather Kirksey
Sent: Monday, May 11, 2020 9:57 PM
To: TAC <lfn-tac@...>; TSC OPNFV <opnfv-tsc@...>; opnfv-tech-discuss <opnfv-tech-discuss@...>; onap-discuss@...; onap-tsc <onap-tsc@...>; cntt-gov@...; cntt-tech-refa@...; cntt-ref-imp@...; cntt-tech-refc@...; discuss@...; dev@...; TF TSC <tsc@...>; discuss@...; TSC <tsc@...>
Subject: Re: [lfn-TAC] Please Read: Possible Date Change for the June Developer and Testing Forum

Hi all!

[OFFICIALLY ANNOUNCED] We are now officially moving the date to June 22-25. Thank you to everyone who provided us feedback on the date change.

Registration for the event is now open: https://events.linuxfoundation.org/lfn-dev-test-forum/

Because we've pushed back the date of the event, we have also pushed back the deadline for topic proposals. It is now June 3. As a reminder, here is the Wiki page for topic submissions: https://wiki.lfnetworking.org/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=34606297

One thing that we've discussed with TSC chairs and the programming committee is that we'd like to create a fair amount of space for cross-community collaboration. There are features, strategy, and programs that go across not only the LFN projects but touch other communities such as OpenStack, CNCF, TIP, and SDOs. Let's use this event as an opportunity to reach across our borders to make all of us more effective and to meet the needs of both our employers and our ecosystem. I personally hope to see more topic submissions in the Cross-Community subset than we've had in the past. We will only succeed if we look out and up, and I believe in our ability so to do.

I'll be honest -- I had been hoping to be seeing all of you in person and eating Korean BBQ together (seriously, I love Korean BBQ as it's made in Seoul more than many things on this earth). It's becoming a long slog of virtual interactions; it's hard to remain steadfast in our commitment to the impact of our work and the impact of our community connections. It's a hard time right now, and it's even harder that we can't connect directly in person. But I believe that as a global community that creates the technology that enables connectivity we are uniquely positioned to take care of each other and to enable our world to take care of itself. Even as we are marching toward this virtual event, I invite and encourage each of you to reach out to your colleagues and make sure they're doing ok. Spreading compassion is a real thing that open source can do.

Looking forward to our virtual event and even more than that looking forward to connecting with all of you.

Heather

On Wed, May 6, 2020 at 9:10 AM Heather Kirksey <hkirksey@...> wrote:

Technical Communities,

During TAC discussion this morning, there was provisional consensus to move the developer event to June 22-25 from its original date of June 1-4.

The reasoning behind this is threefold: 1) the OpenStack virtual  PTG will now take place the week of June 1-4 and minimizing overlap with that activity would be preferable; 2) June 1 is a public holiday throughout much of Europe; 3) it gives us more time for planning.

Obviously doing date changes mid-stream has the possibility to be disruptive (and why I'm normally fairly resistant to doing it), but the week of June 22 has been identified as one without other conflicts (as far as we know), and the folks on the TAC meeting this morning were unanimous in finding this date preferable. Avoiding logistics conflict with OpenStack definitely seems like a compelling reason to consider changing since there is a great deal of overlap between our technical communities.

We did, however, want to make sure that the technical participants feel comfortable with this change before we made it final.

If anyone has any strong concerns or issue with this, please let us know ASAP, since if we do proceed with the earlier date, we need to get the pieces in place quite soon. We also want to get registration open as soon as possible, and we obviously need official dates to make that happen.

Cheers,

Heather

--

Heather Kirksey

VP, Ecosystem and Community

LF Networking

Mobile: +1.512.917.7938

Email/Google Talk: hkirksey@...

IRC: HKirksey

--

Heather Kirksey

VP, Ecosystem and Community

LF Networking

Mobile: +1.512.917.7938

Email/Google Talk: hkirksey@...

IRC: HKirksey

The information in this email may contain confidential material and it is intended solely for the addresses. Access to this email by anyone else is unauthorized. If you are not the intended recipient, please delete the email and destroy any copies of it, any disclosure, copying, distribution is prohibited and may be considered unlawful. Contents of this email and any attachments may be altered, Statement and opinions expressed in this email are those of the sender, and do not necessarily reflect those of Saudi Telecommunications Company (STC).

Join cntt-edge@lists.opnfv.org to automatically receive all group messages.